This course, taught by Peter Choi, harnesses wisdom from what can feel like a profoundly disruptive (even devastating) experience: having one’s spiritual world turned upside down. We will trace the journey of faith deconstruction by articulating five positive, life-giving shifts. Along the way, we will find ourselves in good company – with biblical characters, Jesus himself, and many others who experienced spiritual disorientation long before us.
The course includes five lessons detailing the five shifts of faith deconstruction and embodied exercises that participants can do at their own pace in a suggested, flexible order.
In this course, you will:
- Learn about the five shifts of faith deconstruction and disorientation
- Connect your story to key biblical stories of Moses, Elijah, and others who experienced profound spiritual disorientation
- Reflect on your own spiritual journey of orientation, disorientation, and new orientation
- Make a zine that illustrates your unfolding journey to tell your ongoing story
This course is for you if you’re:
- Working through a process of faith deconstruction and disorientation
- Curious about learning from the journey of others through deconstruction
- Wondering what the path to a renewal and rebuilding of faith might look like
Where does the course happen? What software is needed?
The course takes place on our online community and learning platform (see image below; no other apps or software needed).
Cost: $29 (personal study); $199 (group study)