Sometimes it’s tough to know what to think about God. “Lover of our souls” feels like a stretch, maybe more “absentee lord of the universe.” Appearing neither to care about us nor our world’s sorrows, seemingly aloof even. This month, we’re facing these many difficulties head-on, delving into the inward journey of faith by exploring the relationship between spirit and flesh. And learning about God who is found in flesh, despite all outward evidence to the contrary.
Our book of the month is Cole Arthur Riley’s This Here Flesh: Spirituality, Liberation, and the Stories That Make Us. Cole will also be our webinar speaker and special guest at our Denver gathering. (There’s still time to register! More info here.)
Network membership includes access to the following:
- Webinar with Cole Arthur Riley: This live event will take place 10:00-11:30 am Pacific Time on Saturday, October 8 (recording available afterward on the network platform)
- Short Video Lecture: “The Hidden Spirituality of Genesis”
- Spiritual Practices: Led by Kinship Commons, a women-of-color-owned collective of artists who curate worship and liturgies centering BIPOC voices
- Curated Readings: Works Diana L. Hayes, Hans Frei, Walter Brueggemann, and Wendell Berry
- Online Discussions: Join the conversation with people from all over the world
- Fireside Chat: A virtual gathering to process together what we’ve learned over the past month. This event will take place 6:00 – 7:00 pm Pacific Time on Thursday, October 27 (recording available afterward on the network platform)
Join us for a month, a season, or a year or more!
Seek Faith, Learn Justice, Together in Community